This is Your Community College…
Here at Nunez Community College we understand that our students are not just a group of statistical numbers. They are living-breathing human beings that have personal lives, families, and many of them are already working one or two jobs just to make ends meet. We understand the economic problems that many people face on a day-by-day basis, and how they have focused on getting that better education that will help them learn the skills they need to enter into the workforce with a quality job that pays well.
That's exactly why Nunez Community College was formed in the first place, to provide that much desired quality education at a practical price. And it is with this commitment to our students in mind that we designed this section of the website. For we understand that success in college isn't simply just sitting in a classroom, but rather being informed of the many facets of college life.
In this section you will find:
News & Events
, where one might find out the latest happenings around campus, from Student Events to Important Announcements, it can all be found here.
Need to know when your exams start? The Academic Calendar
contains a list of important dates, from Registration to Graduation, you'll find it here.
- Academics, a list of all of the current Academic Programs of Instruction that Nunez has to offer. Including information about: occupational fields a student of these programs may enter into as well as the salary ranges they might look forward to after, and in some cases even before, they graduate; transferability to four-year institutions; and credentialing courses required by certain State and Federal agencies.
- College Catalog, for easy reference of the current and previous years' catalogs. An essential tool, not just for researching what courses are needed to complete any of Nunez's Academic Programs, but for any information a student may need to know about the college from Applying for Admissions all the way to Graduation.
- Degree Forms, are also an excellent guide to figure out what courses are required for a student to graduate with any of our programs.
- Need to know what time a certain course is offered? Glance over at the Schedule of Classes, a list of all classes offered on a semester-by-semester basis, with a complete list of dates, times, instructors, and locations (be it on-campus, on-line, or hybrid courses that provides a little of both), which is updated the moment a course becomes available.
- Check out the Registrar section for all the information a student needs about registering for courses: from basic Registration Information; On-Campus Registration Dates; Tuition and Fee Schedules; a How to Register page, with a Step-by-Step Guide on the entire registration process.
- Need help paying for college? The Financial Aid section is devoted to providing the information needed to help students find the financial assistance they need to pay for college. Including: Contact Information for Nunez's Financial Aid department, Forms and Documents one may need to apply for aid, as well as a link to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that all students need to fill out to start the Financial Aid process.
- How much are books and other course materials going to cost? The Nunez Bookstore site provides all of this information through an interactive course-by-course navigator. They also offer textbook rentals; digital course materials; student discounted software; as well as Nunez apparel, gifts, and collectibles.
- What services are available within the Nunez Library? The Library section offers everything from online Research Databases, Circulation Information, even the ability to look up the availability of Books and Materials at the Library from the comforts of your own home.
- Need some tutoring help with certain courses? The Tutoring Section provides information about the Student Success Center, Nunez's Student Support Program, that includes: contact information for tutors, including free online tutoring; PowerPoints and Lectures with helpful tips on how to succeed in college; as well as links to tutoring websites on various disciplines.
- Helpful Links, a page filled with links to various forms, policies, and guides to help our students find out information about Online Courses, accessing their Student Email, etc.
- Do you have a disability and require certain services to help you achieve your educational goals? The Disability Services Section provides all the information on what services Nunez provides, as well as how to apply for ADA accommodations.
- Looking for a part-time job on-campus? Check out the Student Worker Job Opportunities page for information on Title IV Student Worker positions.
- How's about a part-time or full-time job off-campus? The Career Services section of the website provides information on local job opportunities that students can take advantage of even before they graduate. They also provide assistance with Resume Writing, Career Plan Development, and other Job Placement Assistance.
- The Nunez Health Center, sponsored by the Methodist Health Center, is available to help students, faculty, and staff with their minor health care needs.
- What's college without a little social networking? The Student Life section lists all of the student clubs, whether they're Professional, Scholastic, or Service oriented.
Need help contacting your instructor? The Department Directory
provides phone numbers and email addresses for all Full-Time Nunez Employees.
Transferring to another college and need a transcript of your Nunez Course Credits? The Transcript Request
page has all the information, as well as forms, you need to get both an official and un-official transcript.
, a page with links to surveys being compiled by the Institutional Effectiveness and Research department.