Nunez Community College is seeking a dynamic individual to be responsible for it external communications and Alumni Association. Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (VCIA), this individual will:
- Advise the Chancellor, the VCIA and other administrators on Public Relations/Communications matters;
- Coordinate marketing and public relations efforts with the Admissions Office, departmental administrators, and consultants;
- Work with VCIA to coordinate overall Community Outreach efforts;
- Review and report to VCIA any discrepancies or problems with all campus-wide publications; including brochures, fliers, post cards, the catalog and handbook, sports programs, and schedule(s);
- Representing the VCIA or other administrators at off-campus events;
- Act as the advisor and liaison to the administration of the College for the Alumni Association; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chancellor or VCIA.
Qualifications: The selected individual should hold a bachelorís degree in Public Relations, English, Communications, or a related field (Masterís degree preferred). However, substantial experience in a field related to public relations or public affairs may Substitute for a degree. Successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills; a professional demeanor; the ability to think creatively; some skill with copy writing/editing; and some ability in graphics and creative artwork. The selected individual will possess the ability to communicate across all lines of College community and work well business and industry leaders.
Salary range: $48,000 to $55,000 + D.O.Q. with state benefits.
To apply, send CV/resume, cover letter specifying the position, transcripts, and contact information for three to five professional references by December 20, 2017 to:
Office of Human Resources
Nunez Community College
By email (Preferred) Please Indicate Director of Communications in the subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 3710 Paris Rd. Chalmette, LA 70043
By fax: 504-278-6489
Pursuant to LCTCS Policy, the individual selected for this position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.
ADA & EOE