Associate of Applied Science in Process Technology
The Process Technology (PTEC Concentration) program prepares graduates to work as process technicians in refineries, chemical plants, and related industries.
- Safety, Health, and Environment-Demonstrates; Student applies an understanding of the safety, healthy, and environmental policy and exhibits this behavior. Applies safe work practices.
- Mechanical Aptitude-Student demonstrates an understanding of the maintenance and operation of process equipment. Applies the reasoning behind proper equipment line up, safety, and process concerns while operating process equipment.
- Technical Ability-Student demonstrates an understanding of the technical aspects of the process technology. Applies skills and knowledge systems and troubleshooting ability.
- Communication-Student demonstrates and applies communicating clearly, effectively, and concisely in both verbal and written form, including the ability to interpret and carry out SOP and EOP.
- Work Ethics-Student demonstrates and applies the following work ethics: a) Dependability, b) Quality of work, c) Work attitude, d) Adaptability, e) Human Relations Skills
General Education Requirements
|ENGL 1010||English Composition I||3|
|MATH 1300||College Algebra||3|
|CHEM 1100||General Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 1110||General Chemistry I Lab||1|
|PHSC 1100 or PHYS 1100||Physical Science I or General Physics I||3|
|PHSC 1110 or PHYS 1110||Physical Science I Lab or General Physics I Lab||1|
Must earn a grade of “C” or better in each. At least eighteen (18) credit hours must be earned in residence.
|PTEC 1010||Introduction to Process Technology||3|
|PTEC 1030||Industrial and Plant Safety||3|
|PTEC 1331||Process Instrumentation Lab||2|
|PTEC 1630||Process Equipment||2|
|PTEC 1631||Process Equipment Lab||2|
|PTEC 2420||Process Systems||3|
|PTEC 2421||Process Systems Lab||1|
|PTEC 2430||Process Operations||2|
|Process Operations Lab||2|
|PTEC 2630||Fluid Mechanics||3|
|PTEC 2440||Process Troubleshooting||3|
|PTEC 2910||Process Technology Internship||3|
Electives must be selected with advisor.
|BUSN 1150||Survey of Microcomputer Applications||3|
|BUSN 2400 or PTEC 2900||Business Communications or Job Readiness Skills||3|