Certificate of Technical Studies in Emergency Medical Services Education - Paramedic
To enroll in the Paramedic C.T.S. program, students must:
- Be currently listed on the National Registry of EMT and maintain NREMT and Louisiana status as an EMT during enrollment;
- Be eligible to enroll in MATH 0990;
- Be eligible to enroll in ENGL 1010
- Document evidence of current professional-level proficiency in CPR.
Before entering the Paramedic Program, students must complete BIOL 1010 and BIOL 1020 with a grade of “C” or better.
- Cognitive-Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, analyze, and evaluate information relevant to his or her role as an entry level Paramedic as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation National Standard Curriculum goals and objectives.
- Psychomotor-Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate technical proficiency in all the skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry level Paramedic.
- Affective-Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate personal behavior consistent with professional employer expectations for entry level Paramedic.
All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
|BIOL 1010||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|BIOL 1020||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Lab||1|
|EMSE 1200||Principles of Paramedic Care||4|
|EMSE 1210||Principles of Paramedic Care Lab||2|
|EMSE 1300||Cardiac and Respiratory Emergencies||4|
|EMSE 1310||Cardiac and Respiratory Emergencies Lab||1|
|EMSE 1320||Paramedic Clinical Internship I||1|
|EMSE 1500||Medical Emergencies||4|
|EMSE 1510||Medical Emergencies Lab||1|
|EMSE 1520||Paramedic Clinical Internship II||1|
|EMSE 2200||Special Populations in EMS||4|
|EMSE 2210||Special Populations in EMS Lab||1|
|EMSE 2220||Paramedic Clinical Internship III||1|
|EMSE 2300||Trauma Emergencies||4|
|EMSE 2310||Trauma Emergencies Lab||1|
|EMSE 2320||Paramedic Field Practicum I||1|
|EMSE 2400||EMS Operations and Paramedic Review||2|
|EMSE 2420||Paramedic Field Practicum II||1|