Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Register for Workforce Development and Continuing Education Courses at Nunez!
To register either create a new account or sign-in to your account:
- Create a NEW account as a Workforce Development or Continuing Education Student
- Sign-in and register for Workforce and Continuing Education classes with an EXISTING account
About Workforce Education:
The Workforce Education Department provides comprehensive, high quality, low cost, short and long-term occupational skills training.
- Students who are interested in taking classes at Nunez Community College but do not desire to earn credit should apply as a Workforce Development student.
- In order to begin the application process, create a student account here.
- Once an account is created, a representative from the College will be in contact with you via email or phone. You will also be able to start registering your classes here.
Online Allied Health Programs:
Nunez has partnered with CareerStep to provide short term training programs (4-12 months) to enable students to train quickly and start working in allied health. Programs are 100% online and some programs offer on the job internships that provide valuable experience. All programs include certification preparation and exam vouchers. Included in the price is a $400 voucher good toward a laptop purchase. Financial aid may be available – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details, click the program of interest below.
- Computer Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Healthcare IT Professional
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Inpatient Auditing
- Medical Administrative Assistant w/HER
- Medical Assistant w/clinical externship
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Pharmacy Technician w/externship
- Physical Therapy Office Professional
- Physical Therapy Aide
For information on our CDL Program, call 504-278-6372.
About Continuing Education/Leisure Courses:
If you are interested in continuing education courses for personal/professional development or leisure, you should also register under Workforce Development. The same registration system is used for Workforce and continuing education/leisure courses. Continuing education/leisure courses are not credit-bearing courses.
- Create an account here.
- Search for continuing education/leisure courses and enroll here. To enroll in a continuing education course, you must first create an account.
About Continuing Education:
The Office of Continuing Education is located at 3710 Paris Road. A representative is available five days of the week to assist you, please stop by the building during the following hours for personal assistance in registering:
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Call Lenny Unbehagen, Interim Executive Dean of Continuing Education at (504)-278-6436, to explore new technologies and engage in personal or professional development.