Student Consumer Information


The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Disclosure and reporting requirements sometimes overlap. For certain topics, institutions are required to make information available to students or others and to submit information to the Department of Education. In addition to federal requirements, Louisiana Legislature in the 2010 session passed two compliance resolutions: HCR 152 and HCR 197. This section contains all mandated compliance initiatives.

The Nunez outcomes on those compliance resolutions are listed below.
Privacy of Student Records: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): Page 36,

Consumer Information on College Navigator Website –

Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities:


Price of Attendance:

Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Title IV Financial Aid:

Net Price Calculator:

Textbook Information:

Academic Programs:

Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements

Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure:

College Complaints:

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program:

Vaccinations Policy: page 16,

Campus Safety & Security Report:

Anti-Hazing Policy:

Active Shooter Policy:

Smoking/Tobacco Policy:

Unplanned Pregnancy Policy:

Retention Rates:

Nunez Emergency Recovery Plan:

Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates:

Placement in Employment:

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data:
EADA Survey Report:

Voter Registration Forms:

Voter Registration Assistance:

Title IX Policy:

Complaints of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence:

Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information:

The college has and maintains a valid Program Participation Agreement (PPA) stored electronically at: At minimum, the PPA is reviewed and updated, annually.

Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information: and

Student Financial Aid Information: and

State Grant Assistance:

Gainful Employment:

Tuition and Hardship Policy:

Student Loan Information Published by Department of Education:

National Student Load Data System:
National Student Loan Data System Professional Access Website is used for enrollment reporting, exit counseling completion, loan history/detail online enrollment reporting, overpayments, transfer student monitoring, and school website access. The site is located at:

Entrance Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers:
First-time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrowers must attend an entrance counseling session.  Entrance counseling should be completed online at Entrance counseling must be on file before funds can be approved and sent to the Colleges.  This insures that the student fully understands their rights and obligations as a student loan borrower.  Entrance counseling informs students of their various loan repayment responsibilities, including repayment options, interest accrual and aggregate loan limits.

Exit Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers:
Once a student has graduated, dropped below a half-time enrollment status, or has withdrawn from school, the student will be notified electronically via email to complete Exit Counseling.  The notification informs the student that the must visit and complete exit counseling.  Exit counseling informs students of their various loan repayment responsibilities, including repayment options, interest accrual and aggregate loan limits.

Student Financial Disbursements:

Code of Conduct for Education Loans:

For questions about any of Nunez Community College’s Consumer Information, please call the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, Becky Maillet at 504-278-6477.