Accelerating Opportunities – What is it?
Accelerating Opportunities (AO) or Train to Attain two semester program that is open to adult learners pursuing a high school equivalency. The Adult Education program at Nunez Community College integrates basic skills with career and technical instruction. Pathways in the Healthcare, Business, and Industrial Technology career clusters are available to all interested students.Students will fill out an application and submit a letter of support that attests to the students’ ability to be successful with this program. Minimum scores must be earned on the TABE test in Reading and Math to qualify. Students must complete a Nunez admissions application, a FASFA application, and must also meet cut scores on the Accuplacer ATB test.
Benefits of participating in the program include:
- Earn credentials, Industry-Based Certifications and college credits towards your degree
- Develop valuable academic and professional success skills
- Earn your high school equivalency (HiSET) through co-enrollment in the St. Bernard Parish Adult Education Program
- Benefit from wrap-around academic and student support services
Eligible candidates will be required to commit to the following:
- Attending both college classes and basic skills classes during a 16 week semester program (approx. 20 hours/week)
- Completing all the requirements of each class including assigned reading, homework, essays, and exams
In order to apply for the Accelerating Opportunities program, you must fill out both an application and letter of support document and either fax or email these documents back to the Adult Education office.
Adult Education Fax Number: (504) 278-6480 Adult Education Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact:
Nunez Adult Education