St. Bernard Adult Education HiSET Program & Work Ready U
at Nunez Community College
3710 Paris Road - Chalmette, LA 70043
Pat Pourciau, Director
Need more information about Adult Education? Complete this quick and easy online form and an Adult Education staff member will reach out to you!
Adult Education classes are offered every 6 WEEKS! The next opportunity to get started in a career pathway at Nunez Community College while completing a high school diploma is always only a few weeks away!
Distance Education for Adult Ed. will be starting soon! Make sure to check the Distance Education box on the online form to learn more about earning your HiSET through Distance Education.
Learn more about Adult Education! Watch this St. Bernard Parish Schools' video to hear from Adult Education Director, Pat Pourciau.
About Career Pathways for Adults at Nunez Community College:
Our Adult Education staff helps students transition into a two semester program that is open to veterans, displaced workers, adult learners, students pursuing a high school equivalency, and anyone else with a need for basic reading, writing, and math skills. This program, located at Nunez Community College, integrates basic skills with career and technical instruction. It includes a set of core classes and career training through college-level coursework. Career pathways in the Healthcare, Business, and Industrial Technology are available to interested and qualified students.Interested students will fill out an application and submit a letter of support that attests to the students’ ability to be successful with this program. Minimum scores must be earned on the TABE test in Reading and Math to qualify and will be recommended by Adult Education staff.
The St. Bernard Adult Education Center Offers:
- HiSET attainment
- Convenient hours and location
- Individualized, small and large group, computer assisted, proxy instruction
- Self-paced individualized plan of instruction
- Free instruction and use of materials to registered students
- Relaxed, comfortable, adult atmosphere on a college campus
- Quick access to admission at Nunez Community College while working on the HiSET Diploma
- Accommodating flex schedule
- Work from home and work at school
- Registration is every 6 weeks
- You must be 18 years of age or older and no longer enrolled in school. Persons under 19 years of age must have a drop slip from the last school attended. Persons under 18 years of age must have a school board waiver.
- Register for HiSET class. (The only cost is a $20 registration fee).
- Complete the diagnostic assessment (TABE) in math, reading, and language to find your level of placement.
- Receive individualized tutoring/instruction.
- Complete the HiSET Practice Test.
- Register for the HiSET. (The cost is $90 pre-paid and non-refundable).
- Take the HiSET. The test is administered at CF Rowley on paper or computer. You must have a driver’s license or state picture ID to test and must be pre-scheduled.