Position Location: Student Success Center
- Enrolled as a student at a Louisiana Community College or University.
- Cumulative and Current GPA 3.0 or above, including 3.0 or above in subject to be tutored.
- If tutoring mathematics, completed College Algebra with a grade of B or above, and if tutoring writing skills, completed English Composition I with a grade of B or above.
- Demonstrate strength in application of subject matter through a content skills based test upon interview, as well as intermittently throughout period of employment.
- Possess strong computer skills in basic office software, online tutorials, and cloud-based software to assure appropriate and accurate data collection, as well as quality presentations.
- Recognize and address learners' needs to ensure effective tutoring.
- Committed to providing quality customer service to prospective and current students.
- Able and willing to work agreed upon hours/days established each semester based on tutors' class schedule and needs of the Center.
Student tutor(s) in Math, English, computer information systems, sciences, and/or process technology will assist students in the Student Success Center by providing support with accessing and utilizing appropriate tutorial software, as well as impart effective face-to-face individual and group tutoring. Student tutor(s) will also assist faculty and staff who conduct success-related seminars on campus and may be requested to assist faculty in using video software to create step-by-step videos for learners.
Student tutors are limited to 20 hours per week.
To apply by email (preferred—put Student Tutor in the subject line): firstname.lastname@example.org
ADA & EOE