Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Phlebotomy Instructor— Adjunct (Part-time)
Department: Health Sciences
Reports to: Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
The Phlebotomy (part-time) Instructor plans, supports, and delivers instruction of courses in the Patient Care Technician program. The Instructor also contributes to curriculum development, program assessment, and student advisement activities.
Classes to take place on the Nunez Community College campus in Chalmette, LA. If successful in the role, adjunct instructors will be invited to return in subsequent semesters.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Phlebotomy Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in both face-to-face and online classes, including preparing and delivering curricula and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Foster student learning, development, and workplace readiness through quality instruction and mentoring/advising activities
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental, and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects
- Assist Program Chair with scheduling of Phlebotomy courses including externships
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health or Vice Chancellor for Education, Training, and Student Success
- Career and Technical Certificate in Phlebotomy, Technical Diploma, Associate Degree, or higher in healthcare related field
- Three to five years of professional experience in healthcare
- Demonstrated success in training or education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the content area and the ability to teach it effectively
- Effective classroom management, including maintaining a positive learning environment
- Records Management
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold them
- Certified Phlebotomist
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Licensed practical nurse or Registered Nurse
- Prior community college teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry members and advisory committees
- Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of effective teaching techniques and assessment methods
- Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery
- Ability to teach evening classes
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send resume, unofficial transcripts if applicable, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include Phlebotomy Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE