St. Bernard Adult Education HiSET Program
at Nunez Community College
3710 Paris Road - Chalmette, LA 70043
Pat Pourciau, Director
Monday thru Friday
8:00 am —11:00 am
11:00 am— 1:30 pm
1:00 pm —3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
3:00 pm — 5:00 pm
5:00 pm — 7:00 pm
The St. Bernard Adult Education Center Offers:
- HiSET attainment
- Convenient hours and location
- Individualized, small and large group, computer assisted, proxy instruction
- Self-paced individualized plan of instruction
- Free instruction and use of materials to registered students
- Relaxed, comfortable, adult atmosphere on a college campus
- Quick access to admission at Nunez Community College while working on the HiSET Diploma
- Accommodating flex schedule
- Work from home and work at school
- Registration is from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm -------Monday-Friday.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and no longer enrolled in school. Persons under 19 years of age must have a drop slip from the last school attended. Persons under 18 years of age must have a school board waiver.
- Register for HiSET class. (The only cost is a $15 registration fee).
- Complete the diagnostic assessment (TABE) in math, reading, and language to find your level of placement.
- Receive individualized tutoring/instruction.
- Complete the HiSET Practice Test.
- Register for the HiSET. (The cost is $90 pre-paid and non-refundable).
- Take the HiSET. The test is administered at CF Rowley on paper or computer. You must have a driver’s license or state picture ID to test and must be pre-scheduled.
Click here for more information.