Just in time for registration, Nunez Community College will spotlight its academic and career-technical programs March 22-25 for Community College Week 2021.
Nunez, which is located just off Interstate 10 in Chalmette, will host a series of online and on-campus events designed to re-introduce its programs to the community before registration for the Summer and Fall 2021 semesters opens on March 29.
The schedule includes four Virtual Open Houses and one on-campus Career and Technical Programs Fair.
The full lineup includes:
- Monday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring the Louisiana Transfer Degree program, General Studies, Care & Development of Young Children (CDYC) and Teaching: Grades 1-5
- Tuesday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring Business & Business Information, Paralegal and Medical Office Management
- Wednesday, March 24 at 4 p.m.: An on-campus Career and Technical Education Fair
- Wednesday, March 24 at 7 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring Aerospace Manufacturing Technology, Coastal Studies & GIS Technology, Culinary Arts, Electrical, HVAC, Instrumentation, Process Technology (PTEC) and Welding
- Thursday, March 25 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring EMT & Paramedic, Practical Nursing, Phlebotomy, EKG and Patient Care Technician.
Program directors and advisors will be on hand for all events to provide information and answer questions. A Zoom link for the Virtual Open Houses is available on the Campus Visits Page and all Nunez social media.
Students can also register for Summer and Fall 2021 classes beginning March 29 by visiting Nunez.edu or calling 504-278-6467.
About Nunez Community College
Nunez Community College is a student-centered institution that delivers relevant and innovative curriculum integrating the arts, sciences, and humanities leading to academic credentials and workforce opportunities. Nunez serves a vital role in the community by engaging with partners to support student success and personal growth. Nunez Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas. Nunez is located at 3710 Paris Road, Chalmette, LA. For more information, visit www.nunez.edu