High School Dual Enrollment
Nunez Community College Dual Enrollment Program
Dual Enrollment is a program designed to increase educational opportunities for high school students intending to enroll in technical or academic programs after graduation. High school students who dual enroll with Nunez Community College can earn high school and college credits simultaneously. Courses are offered on high school campuses and the Nunez Community College campus. Additionally, many classes integrate both a traditional face-to-face lecture format with an online component, which make learning convenient, accessible, and enriching.
When high school students dual enroll with Nunez Community College, they officially begin their academic journey to complete a certificate, Associate degree, and/or Bachelor's degree.
In order to begin the application process, you will need to complete the online application form.
Benefits to Dual Enrolling:
- Dual enrollment offers high school students an opportunity to complete college-level courses while in high school, which increases their chances of graduating college early.
- Dual enrollment students are eligible for a discounted tuition rate.
- Most classes are offered on high school campuses with faculty members who have established relationships with their students.
- Although successful completion of dual enrollment classes will not allow a student to earn TOPS, successful completion of these classes will help a student maintain his/her TOPS while enrolled in college.
- Dual enrollment courses prepare students for college-level learning before enrolling full time in college after graduation.
- Many of these courses are transferable to colleges and universities across the state.
Are you eligible for dual enrollment courses?
Yes, all Louisiana high school students who are at least 16 years of age or older are eligible to participate in dual enrollment at Nunez Community College. High schools students must coordinate with their high school principal or counselor in order to enroll in courses that would mutually meet the needs of both the high school and the College.
Dual enrollment courses are offered throughout the year (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters). Please browse our current course schedule to see what courses Nunez has to offer. For more information regarding dual enrollment at Nunez Community College, please contact Brittney Barras, Director of Admissions and Dual Enrollment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.278-6425.