High School Dual Enrollment
Earn High School and College Credit Simultaneously
Dual Enrollment is a program designed to offer qualified students an opportunity to earn high school and college credits simultaneously. These credits help students get a head start in their education or training before graduating high school. When high school students dual enroll with Nunez Community College, they officially begin their academic journey to complete a certificate, Associate degree, and/or Bachelor's degree.
Benefits to Dual Enrollment:
- Complete college-level courses while in high school, increasing your chance of graduating college early
- Eligible for a discounted tuition rate
- Prepare for college-level learning before enrolling full time in college
- Many courses are transferable to colleges and universities across the state
- Have access to college resources, facilities, and services such as advising, career counseling, and mentoring
How to Enroll:
- Meet with your high school counselor
- Decide on an academic or technical course
- Review ACT or Nunez placement test scores for eligibility
- Complete an authorization form and return to school counselor
Dual enrollment courses are offered throughout the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). Please browse our current course schedule to see what courses Nunez has to offer.
For more information, please contact Samantha Daluz, Coordinator of Instruction, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.278-6286.
Information for High School Counselors about Nunez Community College Dual Enrollment