Upcoming Placement Testing Dates
Placement Testing Requirements have changed as follows:
Students who have a high school diploma, GED, HiSET, or 6 hours of successfully completed college classes are not required to take the placement test. The student can opt to be placed in developmental classes without the placement test.
Students can also opt to do a self-evaluation for English and Math using this guide: https://campussuite-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/1558536/e366533c-f169-11e7-9166-122f978d8488/2099174/a8eab466-96e7-11ea-9053-0a11d13614e7/file/What_Math_or_English_Should_I_Take.pdf.
Once the self-evaluation is done, students should contact the Advisors by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScV8WrjvlFBbD_xx4G1exLvkoRBOJSbhI7pXSdYz2nUoI2LkQ/viewform
Students who are still interested in taking a placement test, please click here and fill out the form. Someone from the Testing Center will contact you. Testing is being done remotely temporarily, and appointments will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Students wishing to enter the Practical Nursing Program, who do not have qualifying ACT scores, will have to take the placement test.
Some things to know about the Placement Test at Nunez:
- Nunez administers the Accuplacer Next Generation placement test.
- The placement test is free to the student on their first attempt. Retakes of the placement test costs $10 (cash/money order), which must be paid to the Bursar with a form obtained from the Testing Center.
- Results from testing are immediate upon completion of test, can be utilized for admission into the next available semester or beyond, and are good for three years.
- Testing can be performed, even if registration portal is not open, for scheduling of classes for the next semester. Advisors will be available to help on regular basis in the Student Success Center.
- For sample test questions please visit www.accuplacerpractice.com
- If you would like to prepare for the tests before you take them, there is a free service offered at this link: https://www.bpcc.edu/index.php/open-campus/