Upcoming Placement Testing Dates
Placement Testing Requirements have changed as follows:
Students who have a high school diploma, GED, HiSET, or 6 hours of successfully completed college classes are not required to take the placement test. The student can opt to be placed in developmental classes without the placement test.
Students can also opt to do a self-evaluation for English and Math using this guide: https://campussuite-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/1558536/e366533c-f169-11e7-9166-122f978d8488/2099174/a8eab466-96e7-11ea-9053-0a11d13614e7/file/What_Math_or_English_Should_I_Take.pdf.
Once the self-evaluation is done, students should contact the Advisors by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScV8WrjvlFBbD_xx4G1exLvkoRBOJSbhI7pXSdYz2nUoI2LkQ/viewform
Students who are still interested in taking a placement test can sign up at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tyqZJXuaAL19syDxtQNr7fxjM4YT_PyEc8fRuoxCKoU/viewform?edit_requested=true
You will be contacted by Testing Center personnel and given information about remote testing due to Covid restrictions. There are very specific restrictions for remote testing, but these will be emailed to you for compliance checks. If you an unable to test remotely, an appointment will be made for times during which personnel will be on campus.
Students wishing to apply for the Practical Nursing Program, who do not have qualifying ACT scores, will have to take the placement test.
Some things to know about the Placement Test at Nunez:
- Nunez administers the Accuplacer Next Generation placement test.
- The placement test is free to the student on their first attempt. Retakes of the placement test costs $10 (cash/money order), which must be paid to the Bursar with a form obtained from the Testing Center.
- Results from testing are immediate upon completion of test, can be utilized for admission into the next available semester or beyond, and are good for three years.
- Testing can be performed, even if registration portal is not open, for scheduling of classes for the next semester. Advisors will be available to help on regular basis in the Student Success Center.
- For practice questions and help with the sections of the test, please visit https://studentportal.accuplacer.org/#/home (you can also download the practice app.