Placement and Placement Test
Placement Testing Requirements:
Students who have a high school diploma, GED, HiSET, or 6 hours of successfully completed college classes are not required to take the placement test. The student can opt to be placed in developmental classes without the placement test.
You will be contacted by Testing Center personnel and given information about testing. There is no remote testing available. An appointment will be made for times during which personnel will be on campus.
Students wishing to apply for the Practical Nursing Program, who do not have qualifying ACT scores, will have to take the placement test. Please see the nursing program page for score details.
How To Pay:
Students will pay the day of their test. The only forms of payment that are accepted are Cash or Money order. The proctor will give you the necessary form to complete your payment prior to taking your test.
Placement Test Details:
- Nunez administers the Accuplacer Next Generation placement test.
- The cost for Accuplacer will be $6.00 per section. The cost of the exam is $6.00 per section (ex. If you need to take Math, English and Reading, the cost would be $18.00). This must be paid prior to taking the test.
- The exam will begin promptly at 8:30 AM or 12:30 PM, so please arrive ten minutes early to provide enough time to check-in before your exam.
- Please bring appropriate forms of identification for the test you are taking.
- If you arrive 15 minutes after the exam is scheduled to start, you will forfeit your registration and will have to repay to reschedule the exam. To reschedule your exam, you must email email@example.com, 24 hours in advance or you will also forfeit your exam fee and will have to repay to reschedule the exam. In situations of natural disasters, power outages, or college closures the fee will transfer to a new testing date.
- Results from testing are immediate upon completion of test, can be utilized for admission into the next available semester or beyond, and are good for three years.
- Testing can be performed, even if registration portal is not open, for scheduling of classes for the next semester. Advisors will be available to help on regular basis in the Student Success Center.
Need Practice for the Accuplacer?
For practice questions and help with the sections of the test, please visit https://studentportal.accuplacer.org/#/home (you can also download the practice app.