Position Location: Business & Technology
Nunez is recruiting for a full time PTEC Faculty position beginning with the Spring 2019 semester. Reporting directly to the PTEC Program Manager, and ultimately to Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and the Chancellor of the College, this individual will provide students with instruction of the highest standards, evaluate student progress, prepare syllabi, assist in activities furthering the work of the institution, communicate necessary information to students, provide academic advice to students as needed, and serve on standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
- Provide competent instruction in the area of credentialed expertise.
- Maintain high standards and promote excellence in education.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work, in meeting classes, and in keeping office hours.
- Continue as competent faculty in the chosen discipline by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area businesses, industries and agencies.
- Provide advice to the administration on matters pertaining to the instructional program.
- Serve on College committees.
- Read and, when appropriate, communicate and follow official memoranda.
- Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to institutional, divisional, departmental, and individual criteria.
- Collect, record, maintain, and submit accurate class records including grades, absences, withdrawal and/or class drop information to appropriate offices.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials such as those used in academic administration when requested, including course syllabi, program outlines, and articulation and catalog materials.
- Participate in scheduled in-service activities.
- Promote student leadership, enrichment, and mentoring experiences.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor.
- Become familiar with institutional policies and procedures as outlined in the College Catalog and the Faculty Handbook and follow such policies and procedures.
- Perform any other professional duties as assigned by the PTEC Program Manager, the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, or the Chancellor of the College.
EDUCATION: Faculty are required to meet at least minimum requirements set by the supervising board(s) and accrediting agencies. AAS in Process Technology and/or 5-7 years of Operations experience in Industry are required to be considered for this role.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three professional reference contact information to:
Office of Human Resources
Nunez Community College
By mail: 3710 Paris Rd. Chalmette, LA 70043
By email (preferred): email@example.com (Put PTEC Faculty in the subject line)
By fax: 504-278-6489
Review of Applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled
ADA & EOE