Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: French Instructor - Adjunct
Reports To: Humanities Department Chair
The French Instructor plans, supports and delivers instruction for credit-based college courses in French. Instructors participate in assessment for programs, and general college education and participate in self-governance activities, curriculum development and student support.
Classes to take place on the Nunez Community College campus in Chalmette, LA. Classes will start mid-January 2022 and go until May 2022 for the Spring 2022 semester. If successful in the role, you will be invited to return for the following semester.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The French Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in face to face and online classes including preparing and delivering curriculum and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Support student learning and development through use of student conferences and mentoring activities, student feedback, including supporting a community of learning on the campus.
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters Degree in French or a graduate degree in addition to at least 18 graduate credits in French.
- Experience teaching French on the college level is encouraged, but not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Curriculum Planning & Program Development and Management.
- Effective classroom management including maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Records Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the content area.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict productively in a professional situation.
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold those.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in related field.
- Ability to work which may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to operate a computer and standard office equipment.
- Experience with Canvas a plus.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send resume, unofficial transcripts if applicable, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (put French Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State antidiscrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE