|Martin Luther King Day||Monday, January 17, 2022||Holiday|
|Mardi Gras||Tuesday, March 1, 2022||Holiday|
|Spring Holiday||Friday, April 15, 2022||Holiday|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5, 2022||Holiday|
|Fourth of July||Monday, July 4, 2022||Holiday|
|Thanksgiving Break||Thursday, November 24, 2022||Holiday|
|Friday, November 25, 2022||Holiday|
|Winter Holiday Break||Thursday, December 22, 2022||Holiday|
|Friday, December 23, 2022||Holiday|
|Monday, December 26, 2022||Holiday|
|Tuesday, December 27, 2022||Holiday|
|Wednesday, December 28, 2022||Holiday|
|Thursday, December 29, 2022||Holiday|
|Friday, December 30, 2022||Holiday|
LA R.S. 1:55 (F) provides:
F. Each institution of higher education in the state, through a representative appointed by it, shall designate a maximum of fourteen legal holidays per calendar year to be observed by all of its employees.
LCTCS Human Resources Policy #6:028 “Holidays for All Employees”
- 14 legal holidays per calendar year.
- System President & Chancellor’s to determine 14 paid holidays for each college.
- Approved annually by the Board of Supervisors.
- LCTCS HR publishes Holiday Schedule annually to all employees.
- Holiday pay eligibility is based on the hours in which an employee is normally scheduled to work on the given day.
Governed by Civil Service Rule 6.12.1 titled “Compensation for Holidays.”
CS Rule 6.12.1 states that employees shall be eligible for compensation on holidays observed except:
- When the employee’s regular work schedule averages less than 20 hours per week.
- When the employee is on a restricted appointment.
- When the employee is on leave without pay immediately preceding and following the holiday period.
- When the employee is on an intermittent work schedule.