Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Student Research Assistant
Division: Health and Natural Sciences
Reports To: Professor
This position will support research efforts looking at the effectiveness of vaccine education on possible future possible COVID vaccination rates. The position requires interaction over the phone with various health care clinics and basic computer record keeping. This position will also require face-to-face interaction with the team and basic report writing.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Research Assistant must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work in a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Education and Experience Required
- Ability to use a computer and type at a functional level.
- Ability to professionally interact with members of the community and healthcare staff.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Student pursuing a degree in Science or Sociology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and follow-ups of health clinics by telephone.
- Basic internet and database research.
- Computer work (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Attendance at meetings/conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to organize and prioritize projects and programs to meet deadlines, have the ability to work independently, be able to prepare official documents, and have strong articulation and people skills.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, proof of education/enrollment, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com (put Student Research Assistant in the subject line)
The committee will begin the review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti- discrimination laws.
ADA & EOE