Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Grants Coordinator - Perkins
Reports To: Associate Vice Chancellor of Advancement
The Grants Coordinator will support grants programs at Nunez Community College including the Perkins Grant Program. The Grants Assistant will also assist in the development of grant proposals and ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Grants Coordinator must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work in a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Education and Experience Required
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Non-Profit Management or related field.
- Experience working with grant funded programs.
- Experience with budgeting and records maintenance.
- Experience working with career and technical education programs.
- Master’s degree is preferred in Education, Business, Non-Profit Management or related field.
- Experience with Carl Perkins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by the Perkins Grant program to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines and support audit readiness. Collaborate with CTE Program Managers and college faculty to organize Perkins grant proposals. Provide timely billing and reporting of fiscal information for grant and grant sponsored activities in collaboration with the Office of Business Affairs.
- Assist the Director of Grants with the administration of grant programs, including preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budget, coordination of budgeted funds, screening requests for expenditures, and ensuring the timely spending of funds.
- Builds relationships and maintains communication with internal and external grant contacts. Serves as point of contact for federal and state program officers, local grant partners, and funding agencies.
- Attends technical assistance workshops, webinars, and bidders’ conferences for grant projects and participates in professional organizations and trainings that are relevant for grant development staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of budgeting and records maintenance Experience working with career and technical education programs.
- Exceptional written, speaking, listening, and presenting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Exceptional skills in communications and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to forge successful relationships and partnerships.
- Skilled decision-maker, with transparency in decision-making and management.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com (put Grants Coordinator in the subject line)
The committee will begin the review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Wednesday, March 16, 2022 receiving priority consideration.
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti- discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE