Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Lead Instructor
Division: Adult Education/WorkReady U
Reports To: Director of Adult Education/WorkReady U
The Adult Education/WorkReady U Lead Instructor will design and instruct multiple Adult Education courses as needed. Manage the instructional team to deliver effective curriculum across all content areas that can be delivered in-person, hybrid, or online. Coordinate student facing administrative events (registration, testing, scheduling). Assist in student information system management.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Lead Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work in a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Education and Experience:
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- 3-5 years in adult education, K-12 or higher education.
- Master’s degree is preferred with emphasis in curriculum and instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and instruct multiple ABE, ASE, and ESL courses as assigned.
- Collaborates and shares in providing leadership and support in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum and instruction within general education program areas of Adult Education.
- Collaborates and shares in maintaining a system for evaluating and selecting instructional materials.
- Collaborates and shares in planning and coordinating Adult Education development program.
- Collaborates and shares in establishing and implementing an improvement process for curriculum and instruction program areas and the departmental faculty development program.
- Maintains and upgrades their professional skills in order to improve instructional quality.
- Demonstrates instructional leadership to enhance school effectiveness by improving instruction and augmenting student performance.
Data and Evaluation
- Assist in WRU SIS management.
- Collaborate; share; and analyze data with Program Effectiveness.
- Create the foundation for evaluation of curriculum by scoping possible metrics and developing recommendations on how to track and assess them.
- Support evaluation at the team level to support organizational mission, messaging, and best practices for team and curricular improvement.
- Collaborate and share data with Program Effectiveness.
- Learn and support analysis of TABE, HiSET, and curriculum data.
- Create and maintain teacher resources for the different content areas.
- Share ongoing best practices in classroom management/instructional techniques/instructional technology.
- Assess programming needs and building a plan of PD to address those needs.
- Create and monitor a system that provides mentoring or assistance to those who are having classroom management problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact successfully with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, and cloud- based applications and tools.
- Able to work on sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment with minimal supervision and a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills. Able to prioritize multiple on- going projects and responsibilities.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts if applicable, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (put Lead Instructor in the subject line)
The committee will begin the review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Monday, March 14, 2022 receiving priority consideration.
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti- discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE