Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Mathematics Instructor – Full-time (9 Months)
Reports to: Math and Science Program Chair
Nunez Community College is seeking a full-time mathematics instructor, who will prepare, support, and deliver instruction of courses in the mathematics department to a diverse student body in a variety of modalities, including on-campus, web-based, and hybrid courses. The Instructor will also contribute to curriculum development, program assessment, and student advisement activities.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Math Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in both face-to-face and online classes, including preparing and delivering curricula and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Foster student learning, development, and workplace readiness through quality instruction and mentoring/advising activities
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental, and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects
- Assist Program Chair with scheduling of Math courses
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Instruction or Vice Chancellor for Education, Training, and Student Success
- Master’s degree in mathematics or a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the field
- Demonstrated success in training or education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the content area and the ability to teach it effectively
- Effective classroom management, including maintaining a positive learning environment
- Records Management
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold them
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send resume, unofficial transcripts if applicable, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com (put Full-Time Math Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti- discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE