Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Biology Adjunct Instructor (Part-time)
Reports to: Math and Science Program Chair
The Biology Adjunct (part-time) Instructor plans, supports, and delivers instruction of introductory courses in the Biology program, especially Principles of Biology and Anatomy & Physiology.
The Instructor also contributes to curriculum development, program assessment, and student advisement activities.
Classes to take place on the Nunez Community College campus in Chalmette, LA. Classes will start in October 2022 (in an 8-week mini-session) and end in December 2022. If successful in the role, adjunct instructors will be invited to return in subsequent semesters.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Biology Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in both face-to-face and online classes, including preparing and delivering curricula and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Foster student learning, development, and workplace readiness through quality instruction and mentoring/advising activities.
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental, and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects.
- Assist Program Chair with scheduling of Biology courses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Instruction or Vice Chancellor for Education, Training, and Student Success.
- Master’s degree in Biology or a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the subject area.
- Demonstrated success in training or education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the content area and the ability to teach it effectively.
- Effective classroom management, including maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Records Management.
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold them.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send resume, unofficial transcripts and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include Biology Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE