Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Drone Instructor - Adjunct
Reports To: Director of Steam
The Drone Instructor will hold a FAA Part 107 license to teach drone operations to students that prepares them for the FAA Part 107 license. Experience with Advance Aerial Education Curriculum and video editing experience is also desired but not required.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Drone Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the Advance Aerial curriculum and the operation of a LaTraxx Alias and a DJ3 Mavic drones including theory and safety procedures.
- Give assessments to measure the progress of students during the course of the training.
- Keep accurate records of grades and attendance.
- Be available to teach at night and on weekends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- FAA Part 107 License
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate a LaTraxx Alias and DJ3 Mavic drone including video recording.
- Ability to teach others how to operate safety a LaTraxx Alias and DJ3 Mavid drone.
- Ability to teach others the knowledge needed to pass the FAA part 107 license exam.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: When Applicable
- Ability to work in excess of 40 hours a week, which may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to operate a computer and standard office equipment.
- Ability to carry <25 lbs., stand, sit, reach, bend, climb, reach and push/pull
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com (put Drone Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.