Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Instructor- Full Time (9 Month)
Department: Career and Technical Education
Reports to: Dean of Instruction
The Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HACR) Instructor plans, supports, and delivers instruction of courses in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration. The Instructor also contributes to curriculum development, program assessment, and student advisement activities.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The HACR Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in both face-to-face and online classes, including preparing and delivering curricula and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Foster student learning, development, and workplace readiness through quality instruction and mentoring/advising activities.
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental, and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects.
- Assist Program Chair with scheduling of HACR courses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Instruction or Vice Chancellor for Education, Training, and Student Success.
- Associate degree in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration or closely related field.
- Valid EPA Section 608 Technician Certification as required by 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F of Section 608 of the Clean Air Act of 1990.
- Three to five years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated success in training or education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the content area and the ability to teach it effectively.
- Experience with installation, repair, adjustment and modification of electrical controls and electrical and pneumonic instrumentation for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, boiler systems, fire alarms, sound systems, and energy management systems.
- Effective classroom management including maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Records Management.
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold them.
- Bachelor's degree in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration or closely related field.
- Certified Master HVACR Educator (CMHE).
- At least 5 years' experience working in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration, including 2 years at the journeyman level.
- Familiarity with HVAC Excellence standards and curricula.
- Prior community college teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry members and advisory committees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of effective teaching techniques and assessment methods.
- Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery.
- Ability to teach evening classes.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (put HACR Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.