- Obtain necessary documentation to substantiate claim for services and submit to Disability Services Office prior to the start of classes.
- Fill out General Application for services and submit to ADA Coordinator along with documentation prior to the start of classes.
- Consult with the Disability Services Coordinator to arrange the accommodations with instructors.
- Students must complete a Semester Accommodation Request Form at the beginning of each subsequent semester. Accommodation Letters will be based on information received from documentation provided by the student. Accommodation Letters will be emailed to the instructors and student regarding the accommodations to be provided to the student. The student is responsible for discussing their accommodations with their professors, in person, to ensure the specific accommodation be provided.
- Speak with individual instructors regarding the accommodations.
- The student is responsible for discussing their accommodations with their professors, in person, to ensure the specific accommodations be provided.
- For each subsequent semester the request for accommodations must be received at the beginning of the semester, prior to class start.
NOTE: No accommodation letters will be given out the last week of classes or during final exam week, unless it is requested by the professor.
NOTE: The college is not required to provide the specific accommodation requested if another accommodation is reasonable. The student is required to submit documentation at the initial application for services, which must specifically support the need for any accommodations requested. No accommodations will be given without appropriate documentation. If another evaluation is obtained after the initial intake or the disability has changed in some way, specifically worsened and limitations have increased, further documentation must be provided to the Disability Services Office.